Action linksSubmit your abstract! · Request sponsorship brochure! · Register!
Due to the high cost of offshore operations in a harsh environment, the North Sea is in the top league in developing cutting-edge technologies for formation evaluation and geosteering. Many innovative solutions pioneered for the North Sea are now commercially available worldwide. Extensive research, technology development, and investments in innovation remain the key factors that provide more value for each well delivered in the region, keeping it competitive worldwide. With the increased focus on the green shift, the traditional hydrocarbon projects are joined by wells, which enable the energy industry in a broader sense. Motivated by the workshop's success in 2019, NFES and NORCE invite you again to the Oil Capital of Norway (Stavanger) to meet other geosteering experts and share the ideas that would drive the energy industry forward in the following decades.
The registration is now open.
|Type||Eraly price||Exp. late price||Total seats|
|Before October 1|
|Delegate||2800 NOK||~4000 NOK||100|
All registration types include full access to the workshop, lunches, and the conference dinner on November 1. For NFES members in good standing and students the registration includes the membership fee for 2023.Register!
Booking of the Sola Strand Hotel
We have set aside 50 rooms in the hosting hotel from October 31 to November 3. To get the special price of NOK 1380 per room, the participants need to contact the hotel by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone +47 51943000. Please refer to booking number 42122 when you make your reservation. The reservations will be released soon after the early registration deadline, October 1.
To find more information about the hotel, visit the Sola Strand Hotel website.
The workshop will take place at a historical Sola Strand Hotel with panoramic views of the North Sea, the kitchen serves dishes with local flavors, and a spa where you can relax and discuss geosteering with new friends. The program is planned for two full days November 1-2, 2022. It will consist of 5 invited speakers, up to 5 plenary sessions, a poster session, and interactive activities. The workshop will include complimentary lunches and a conference dinner on November 1.
- Pete Heavey (Senior Advisor - New Well Delivery, Aker BP) "An operator’s perspective on the geosteering journey, and where next?"
- David Selvåg Larsen (Reservoir Geoscience Advisor, Vår Energi, Norway) "Advanced geosteering workflows on the Norwegian Continental Shelf."
- Kelli Randall (Geosteering Specialist, Chevron Technical Center, USA) "Data liberation driving efficiency and innovation in geosteering."
- David Pardo (Research Professor, University of the Basque Country, Spain) "Machine learning for modeling and interpreting geophysical borehole measurements."
- Miklos Antics (Managing Director, GPC IP / GEOFLUID, France) "Geosteering geothermal wells."
All titles are preliminary
- Online Geosteering Competition (sponsored)
- Kahoot! quiz
Contributed session topics
- Geosteering workflows and their applications: pre-job, real-time, post-job
- Optimization and decision-making in geosteering
- Advanced formation evaluation for reduction of subsurface uncertainty
- Resistivity inversion 1,2,3D and data fusion/integration
- Applications of geosteering in geothermal and civil wells
- Rogii Inc
- Sponsor opportunities available
- September 1. Call for abstracts (200-500 words) closes
- September 21. The final program is published, and acceptance notification
- October 1. Early registration closes
- November 1-2. Workshop dates
- Sergey Alyaev (Senior Research Scientist, NORCE; VP Academia, NFES) email@example.com
- Alexandra Zaputlyaeva (Business Development Manager, ROGII Inc) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dler Mirza (Lead Petrophysicist, Aker BP; VP Member, NFES) email@example.com
- Frank Antonsen (Specialist petrophysics, Equinor)
- Nigel Clegg (Geosteering Team Leader, Halliburton)
- Jean Michel Denichou (Well Construction Measurement, Schlumberger)
- Igor Kuvaev (CTO, ROGII Inc.)
- David Holbrough (Global Discipline Lead – Well Construction, Baker Hughes)
- Nils Andre Aarseth (Chief Petrophysicist, Aker BP)
- Maurizio Mele (Production Geology and Petrophysics Knowledge Owner, Eni S.p.A.)