New SFI Announced
Today, NORCE Energy department has received a new SFI, DigiWells - Digital Well Centre for Value Creation, Competiveness and Minimum Environmental Footprint!
Keywords for the center:
- Crossdiciplinary and digitized workprocess for planning and execution of well delivery
- Benefit from new generation sensors and digital technologies (digital twin, data assimilation, Machine Learning)
- Decision support systems for geosteering which balances well productivity and risk
- Automation and autonomous drilling operations
- Testing new solutions using the national research infrastructures Ullrigg and OpenLab Drilling
UiS, UiB and NTNU will be the research partners participating in the project, as well as several other international universities outside of Norway.