Opening of DigiWells from NORCE on Vimeo.
The official opening of SFI DigiWells was part of the first annual seminar for the center last week. "SFI DigiWells fits very well with the policies within energy and research - we will develop and not close down the Norwegian petroleum industry," says Marte Mjøs Persen, Minister of Petroleum and Energy.
Due to covid-19, the opening of the SFI DigiWells has been postponed several times.
- Together we are a strong team – researchers in close interaction with the industry, and fantastic facilities and infrastructure. Together we will be able to do innovation-based research and support faster implementation, Erlend Vefring says, head of DigiWells.
After the confetti opening, there were several video greetings and congratulations:
From Marte Mjøs Persen, Minister of Petroleum and Energy
- In many ways, SFI DigiWells is a kinder egg, says Marte Mjøs Persen, Minister of Petroleum and Energy. - Through increased digitization and optimization you will help to optimize well production, reduce negative environmental impact, and increase value creation opportunities. I applaud this center!
At SFI DigiWells, researchers and industry partners will develop knowledge and digital solutions that will contribute to a competitive Norwegian continental shelf. The research will ensure increased profitability and at the same time reduce carbon emissions.
Greetings from the Minister of Petroleum and Energy during the opening of DigiWells (in Norwegian) from NORCE on Vimeo.
From Mari Sundli Tveit, CEO of the Research Council of Norway
- Good luck with the start-up of what will give us much more world-class knowledge and technology in the coming years.
Digiwells' application received a very good rating from the experts, both for the scientific quality and the assessment of the center's ability to create innovation and value creation in Norwegian business and industry.
- DigiWells will develop knowledge and digital solutions that will contribute to a competitive Norwegian continental shelf, increased profitability, and reduced emissions. Digital competence will be crucial in the years to come. We must build completely new industries on the shoulders of those we have. The knowledge you develop in DigiWells can also be applied for CO2 storage underground and geothermal energy production. We look forward to following you in the years to come, Tveit says.
Greetings from the Research Council of Norway during the opening of DigiWells (in Norwegian) from NORCE on Vimeo.
Kristin Kragseth, CEO of Petoro
Kristin Kragseth, CEO of Petoro, believes a large part of the solution is to use new technology - further digitization.
- But digitalization takes time, and changing work processes is demanding. Now it's time to try out technological solutions and subsequently implement them as best practices on our rigs. I applaud your work! Kragseth says.
Greetings from the Kristin Kragseth, Petoro during the opening of DigiWells (in Norwegian) from NORCE on Vimeo.