Action linksSign-up for updates! · Submit your abstract! · Request sponsorship brochure!
Due to the high cost of offshore operations in a harsh environment, the North Sea is in the top league in developing cutting-edge technologies for formation evaluation and geosteering. Many innovative solutions pioneered for the North Sea are now commercially available worldwide. Extensive research, technology development, and investments in innovation remain the key factors that provide more value for each well delivered in the region, keeping it competitive worldwide. With the increased focus on the green shift, the traditional hydrocarbon projects are joined by wells, which enable the energy industry in a broader sense. Motivated by the workshop's success in 2019, NFES and NORCE invite you again to the Oil Capital of Norway (Stavanger) to meet other geosteering experts and share the ideas that would drive the energy industry forward in the following decades.Sign-up for updates!
The workshop will take place at a historical Sola Strand Hotel with panoramic views of the North Sea, the kitchen serves dishes with local flavors, and a spa where you can relax and discuss geosteering with new friends. The program is planned for two full days November 1-2, 2022. It will consist of 4 invited speakers, up to 5 plenary sessions, a poster session, and interactive activities. The workshop will include complimentary lunches and a conference dinner on November 1.
- David Selvåg Larsen (Reservoir Geoscience Advisor, Vår Energi, Norway) "Advanced geosteering workflows on the Norwegian Continental Shelf."
- Kelli Randall (Geosteering Specialist, Chevron Technical Center, USA) "Data liberation driving efficiency and innovation in geosteering."
- David Pardo (Research Professor, University of the Basque Country, Spain) "Machine learning for modeling and interpreting geophysical borehole measurements."
- Miklos Antics (Managing Director, GPC IP / GEOFLUID, France) "Geosteering geothermal wells."
All titles are preliminary
- Online Geosteering Competition (sponsored)
- Kahoot! quiz
Contributed session topics
- Geosteering workflows and their applications: pre-job, real-time, post-job
- Optimization and decision-making in geosteering
- Advanced formation evaluation for reduction of subsurface uncertainty
- Resistivity inversion 1,2,3D and data fusion/integration
- Applications of geosteering in geothermal and civil wells
- Rogii Inc
- Sponsor opportunities available
- June 15. Call for abstracts (200-500 words) opens
- August 1. Early registration opens
- September 1. Call for abstracts closes
- September 21. The final program is published, and acceptance notification
- October 1. Early registration closes
- November 1-2. Workshop dates
- Sergey Alyaev (Senior Research Scientist, NORCE; VP Academia, NFES) email@example.com
- Alexandra Zaputlyaeva (Business Development Manager, ROGII Inc) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dler Mirza (Lead Petrophysicist, Aker BP; VP Member, NFES) email@example.com
Technical program advisory
- Frank Antonsen (Specialist petrophysics, Equinor)